9.15.2014

[counting raindrops and wellsprings]

[we start light until the rain starts to fall.
heavy follows.]

and the glamour hasn't faded from my eyes,
even if we've stopped spelling it with a "u."

and i am the "u" in glamour and favourite and colour and clamour
and the "o" in ostentatious and obvious.

and they showed me that falling stars aim for my eyes and i let them in
and that falling hearts aim for my chest and i let them stain my favourite shirt.

[and the drops hit your window pane]

"it's the new trend, haven't you heard?
broken chic. bonus points if it's your own blood [i]"

[the river swells]

and they tell me that i can say blood [ii] as many times as i want
because it never goes out of style.

blood [iii] that smells like iron and dirt,
and someone lied when they told you your chest breathes roses.

YOU BEAT BLOOD [iv]

[torrential downpour]

rushing dropping falling lying
about humanity
and the ruby blood [v] between the lines on every page.

[thunder louder than your mouth]

bleed [vi] into the lines like ink.

the general consensus:
"call it love, call it hate, call it joy, call it pain,
you'll always bleed [vii]."

[lightning hits the ash tree]

humanity bleeds [viii].
there is no glamour.

it's raw, it's gritty, it loves dirt in your wounds.

[and the pain won't wash down the street
with the fallen leaves]

and i am the "u" in wounds and humanity and hurt and run
and i am the "o" in blood [ix] and mortality.

and it takes ten to fall apart.



--erin





[because the rain fell like blood]

[x]





2 comments:

  1. you're an artist.
    you just are.
    and I wish I was british because "u" words have always been the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERIN. I'M FREAKING OUT. THIS IS TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR WORDS.

    ReplyDelete